Ideas Yule Love This Season
For makers and DIYers, December can be the busiest month of the year. Whether it's making a gingerbread house, stringing a popcorn garland, knitting a scarf, or designing custom wrapping paper, there's plenty of things to do.
Many will continue to be staying close to home this holiday season and are looking for fresh ideas and inspiration. These 24 activities will appeal to various interests and include citizen science, plant-based cooking, environmentally-friendly crafts, science lectures that date back to 1825, a public domain book published in 1900, and a new way to wrap gifts.
We hope that you enjoy the activities, and we'd love for you to share the results!
24 Days Of Things To Do And Learn And Make
Enjoy these 24 activities that you can do at home and in your neighborhood. Let us know which one is your favorite and if you have any ideas to share.
7. Letter Writing Day: Write to Santa (USA residence)
11. Watch Christmas Lectures from The Royal Institution (started in 1825)
12. Scan the Night Sky for Perseus or Grus (and learn about light pollution)
15. Use The iNaturalist App To Identify a Plant (contribute to citizen science)
19. Make Non-Dairy Egg Nog (to go with your cookies)