Summer Camp Kit
School’s out for the summer!
Need something for the kids to do? We've got you covered.
Inside KitHub's kid-sized toolbox is everything* you need to keep your 8-12-year-old busy doing something new every day for an entire week.
They'll have fun being creative, they’ll gain some real-world skills, and their confidence will grow by leaps and bounds.
And you? Get used to being the coolest parent on the block. Our Summer Camp Kit will make you look like a genius—even if this is your first time tinkering.
*You may need to dig up some scissors and craft materials.
Day 1: Build Friendly (or Battling) Bots
- Customize your bot's body
- Add lights!
- Build a battery pack
- Run a hobby motor
- Make your new bots draw or paint
- Battle your bots!
- Build a zipline spaceship
- Motorize your LEGOs
Day 2: Make Friendship Bracelets / Super Hero Cuffs
- Design cuffs or bracelets
- Create a magnetic switch
- Use an LED to add lights
- Share with a friend
- Make an light-up LED ring
- Design jewelry with a pipe cleaner circuit and LED
Day 3: Design Paper Circuit Art
- Use copper tape to design electric circuits on paper
- Design a greeting card or art piece
- Light-up your drawing with LEDs
- Give your card to someone special
- Make an LED paper flower
- Configure an LED light-up cube or gift box
Day 4: Take Apart a Solar Flower
- Learn how to identify and safely handle electronic components
- Understand what each component does
- Practice using tools, including screwdrivers
- Think about how to re-use the parts
- Make an LED stick
- Design a duct tape light-up flower
Day 5: Re-use Parts to Make New Things
- Make a speaker out of a Post-it note
- Build a Frankentoy
- Make a swinging pendulum
- And much, much more
Ever since my daughter began receiving the kits, she’s becoming increasingly interested in engineering, something she knew very little about. She’s also become more confident making things happen, and solving problems.
Latinas Think Big
The KitHub Summer Camp toolbox contains all the electronic components that your camper needs to work on a week’s worth of daily projects, plus easy-to-understand instructions.
The most important things you’ll find inside the toolbox? Delight, excitement, creativity, inspiration—and endless enrichment opportunities that will last long after camp is over.
- Conductive materials
- Safe procedures
- Identifying components
- Circuit design
- Circuit schematics
- Simple circuits
- Parallel circuits