Follow National Geographic Explorer, Shah Selbe, on his adventure into the wilds of the Okavango Delta in Botswana to listen for wildlife.
At home, you can have your own adventure with an underwater microphone, also known as a hydrophone, by listening to the sounds in your local pond, river, ocean (or bathtub).
Basic Kit - $40 | Premium Kit - $100
* Comes with everything you need to listen to sounds underwater or on land.
* Assemble and use in under one hour.
* Electronics experience not required.
* At Home! Use the underwater and land mic around the house. Record what you hear.
* At the shore! Listen to the underwater bio-acoustics of water birds, fish and other animals.
*National Geographic Explorer.
* Spacecraft Propulsion Engineer at Boeing.
* Ocean Conservation Technologist.
*Leader at Engineers Without Borders.