Build your own hydrophone - an underwater microphone that can detect sound waves under water. Listen to the calls of marine animals, boat traffic, or if your pool is leaking. It can be used at your local fishing hole, a river, lake or even an ocean.
Basic Kit - $40 | Premium Kit - $80
* Comes with everything you need to listen to sounds underwater or on land.
* Assemble and use in under one hour.
* Electronics experience not required.
* At Home! Use the underwater and land mic around the house. Record what you hear.
* At the shore! Listen to the underwater bio-acoustics of water birds, fish and other animals.
*National Geographic Fellow.
* Former Spacecraft Propulsion Engineer at Boeing.
* Ocean Conservation Technologist.
*Leader at Engineers Without Borders.