Ideas Yule Love This Season
For makers and DIYers, December is the best month of the entire year. Whether it's making a gingerbread house, stringing popcorn for the tree, knitting a scarf or decorating your own wrapping paper, it's a busy season (in the best way possible).
If you are in need of some inspiration or just something to do, we put together 24 activities that that will appeal to a variety of interests including citizen science, plant-based cooking, environmentally-friendly crafts, science lectures that date back to 1825, a public domain book that was published in 1900, and a new way to wrap gifts.
We hope that you enjoy the activities and we'd love for you to share the results!
24 Days Of Things To Do And Learn And Make
Let us know which of these activities is your favorite. Feel free to share an activity with us.
7. Letter Writing Day: Write to Santa (USA residence)
11. Watch Christmas Lectures from The Royal Institution (started in 1825)
15. Use iNaturalist To Identify a Plant (contribute to citizen science)
17. Furoshiki - Wrap Gifts With Reusable Cloth (Japanese tradition)
19. Make Non-Dairy Egg Nog (to go with your cookies)
20. Scan the Night Sky for Perseus or Grus (and learn about light pollution)
22. Build Local Birds a House for Springtime (birds are losing their habitats)