MAKE A MOTORIZED ARTBOT
The Motorized ArtBot Kit comes with everything you need to build your own personal, lovable Bot that will take off as soon as you power it on and will definitely make a mess if you let it. With this project kids will learn how to turn on a hobby motor, connect a battery pack, create a simple circuit, and use their imaginations to decorate their new small pal.
MATERIALS IN THE KIT
1 DC hobby motor with alligator clip leads 1.5V - 3V
1 roll of electrical tape
1 AA battery
1 AA battery holder
1 12 oz. container
2 googly eyes
2 pipe cleaners
SKILLS & LEARNING OUTCOMES
Skill Level: Beginner
Note: Under 10 will require assistance from an adult
- Simple Circuits
- Engineering Design Process
- Movement with Motors
- Add a few markers as legs and stick the bot on a piece of paper to make a scribble bot!
- Add a sponge to the bottom, dip it in paint and it will paint a masterpiece.
- Make Turkeybots for Thanksgiving, Prezbots for Presidents' Day, Lovebots for Valentine's Day - the list goes on!
- Use the parts to make a motor for your legos.
- Combine two bot kits to make a zipline spaceship!
Only limit is your imagination. I thought this would be too young of a project for my 9y/o. I was mistaken. He really enjoyed it, smashed it with another kit and added a balloon to try to make a hover craft. He liked it so much he wants me to order more so he can have a bot bot birthday party. Really fun project. Thanks Tara and Luz!