On today’s show we chatted about Lego, Radio Shack, Take-apart and the January kits that are getting shipped out. We also put out a challenge to add electronics to your LEGOs. Send us a picture of what you make!
Here are all the links to the projects we discussed on today’s show:
- How LEGO became the Apple of toys: http://www.fastcompany.com/3040223/when-it-clicks-it-clicks
- Instead of building a lemonade stand as shown on the box, she built a robot: http://www.mamamia.com.au/lifestyle/girl-turns-lego-juice-bar-into-robot/
- RadioShack could file for bankruptcy as soon as next month: http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/01/radioshack-could-file-for-bankruptcy-protection-as-soon-as-next-month/
- Super Power Cuffs: https://kithub.cc/2015/01/friendship-bracelets-2-0/
- Toy Hacking: Preliminary Results in Creative Electronic Workshops for Informal Science Education http://fablearn.stanford.edu/2013/wp-content/uploads/Toy-Hacking-Preliminary-Results-in-Creative-Electronic-Workshops-for-Informal-Science-Education.pdf
- Exploratorium – Toy Take Apart Guide: http://tinkering.exploratorium.edu/sites/default/files/Instructions/toy_take_apart.pdf